Thread: Hello

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello

Hi,

My name is AriadneLekuton. I prefer Ariadne. I am an amateur artist who recently got introduced to fantasy mapping. I am here to get better at it and use the resources that you all have

Thanks,
    Ariadne

Hi Ariadne, post up some of your work, we'd love to see what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellum View Post
    Hi Ariadne, post up some of your work, we'd love to see what you do.
    If this is anything like the other forums I've been on, then I am going to just use photobucket to upload my artwork

Here is my first ever map. I wasn't really sure what I was going for, so everything looks a bit random and jumbled. I've yet to digatize it so it looks rough

My second one. I did this a few days later. I had a better idea of what I wanted to accomplish with this map. This is the second half of the first map. If you put them together, you will get the entire landmass.

And here is my third attempt. I re-did my second map in GIMP. I made my own mountain brushes. All the other textures I downloaded. I am thinking about re-doing this map. It looks too much like the western US.

credits to LJF and redheadstock
    Last edited by AriadneLekuton; 03-08-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome !! Both of those look really good. I think I prefer the top one a little better but thanks for sharing and have some rep.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.