Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Cartographers Guild Members.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Praise Thank you Cartographers Guild Members.

I just wanted to take a distinct and separate moment to post a thread thanking you all for coming here and participating in this website. I don't get to post nearly as much as I'd like because I've become pretty active in real life, and when I first conceptualized this site I wasn't very active...

But over the past year or so, this site has become so important to me, and each and every one of you who post here are like brothers and sisters to me since this is such a tight niche. The fact that very little moderation is needed to run this community, and the fact that my job as admin consists primarily of patches and new features makes this site an absolute joy to run.

So thank you all, very much! I'm honored that you all enjoy this meager contribution of mine to the mapping community.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I just wanted to take a distinct and separate moment to post a thread thanking you all for coming here and participating in this website. I don't get to post nearly as much as I'd like because I've become pretty active in real life, and when I first conceptualized this site I wasn't very active...

But over the past year or so, this site has become so important to me, and each and every one of you who post here are like brothers and sisters to me since this is such a tight niche. The fact that very little moderation is needed to run this community, and the fact that my job as admin consists primarily of patches and new features makes this site an absolute joy to run.

So thank you all, very much! I'm honored that you all enjoy this meager contribution of mine to the mapping community.
    No, thank YOU for having to foresight to create the internet's premier site for map making enthusiasts.

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    No, thank YOU
    Anytime a site like this is made it does not always succeed... you have done a wonderful thing with this site... when I look around at the talent gathered in one place under a common interest I am truly inspired.

I to am very busy most of the time with "real life" but when I am here I feel at home.

Thanks for the space to express ourselves in mapmaking.

-Chris
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I owe most of the success of this site to my fantastic community leaders. They are a fine group of individuals!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Aww shucks! I think it's the members myself! There's nothing more rewarding than spending time on what you love to do.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I try to drag as many folks as I can kicking and screaming over here, but it is their willingness or lack there of that determines their contribution amount.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. I try to drag as many folks as I can kicking and screaming over here, but it is their willingness or lack there of that determines their contribution amount.
    Thats kind of my thought behind the thread I posted earlier about Featured maps. If we did more featured maps and people saw their names in lights so to speak, it may be an incentive for more people to stick around and keep contributing which just helps the whole thing grow even more. I have only been active for around 8 weeks, but I see many of the same 15-20 names pop up most of the time. hmmm perhaps the CL's could think of something to give higher new high volume posters something special... Perhaps 1 point of rep for 50+ posts in a month.

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Perhaps 1 point of rep for 50+ posts in a month.
    You actually do get rep for number of posts.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

the odd thing is that the stats say we have circa 500 active members, but you're right only 20 or so are regular posters. I wonder why the rest of the 480 are so shy?

I love this site. I may not post as much as I did initially (damn you real life!), but it is the first site I go to when I log on each and every day!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast