Thread: Multipolies causation, anyone?

Guild Novice

Help Multipolies causation, anyone?

This is a question - not an answer.

As far as I can detect in the software (DD2) there are no gaps in the walls.

I need to add contrast to the map, to make the passages more visible (I would prefer staying within CC2, if possible). To do this, I have been informed that I need to create a multipoly of the current dungeon level, to place in front of a tinted background.

Problem: In attempting to create the multipoly, it bleeds in 4/5 places (I think). Any idea how to fix the walls so that they are amenable to the multipoly?

I have attached a current map to illustrate - all thoughts are welcome.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DungeonLevelUPostingSize.PNG 
Views:	118 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	52752

Thanks,

Sorpaw

Its really not too bad of a fix, but it does require some messing around and probably at least 30 minutes (depending on your familiarity with CC3). What I would do is copy everything you have there onto a new sheet (call it "temp"). Then you need to erase all the little doors and lines that separate each room. The multipoly command doesn't like them for some reason - it only wants one solid, contiguous polygon. Once you've done that, you should be able to multipoly that shape and use it as your new "Floor" or whatever.

Let me know if that helps
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Guild Novice

I'll give it a shot..have you had problems with CC* not liking arcs? I was hoping that there was an easier way, but I will try..

Thanks for your input!

Sorpaw

Arcs are fine so long as the ends meet precisely with attaching walls (using the end point line tool in the lower right side of the screen is a must if you plan on multipoly-ing).
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.