Thread: Elloria: The Ancient Empire

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip Elloria: The Ancient Empire

Kadon Ry'mer stood on the balcony of his apartments high atop the Black Tower of the Fortress of the Sun. He surveyed the city below him and the open land beyond the high grey wall. These were his lands. This was his city. He was standing atop his tower in his fortress. Damn the Old Queen and her pretensions to power. She may sit upon the Diamond Throne and her bloodline may be traced back nearly a millennium but it was his family that bent the land and it's people to her will. His Blackguard caused fear where ever they rode, reminding the Old Queen's subjects just who was in control....

Because I wanted to do something. I decided that I would do another one of my "texture heavy" regional maps. This one expands on the theme of my Assiria: The Land of Hope map that I did last year. This map depicts the "Ancient Empire" of the Old Queen and her consort. This map like the earlier one started as a random shape onto which I added a variety of textures and effects. I am working on the rivers now and then I will label this extensively as it depicts a very established area of great age. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elleroria The Old Empire.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	52805
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

Darmae stood and wiped the sweat that had formed on his brow. It seemed to get hotter each year. He was sure it was the anger of the old gods. He knew deep in his heart that they were unhappy with the stewardship of the Old Queen and her murderous consort. Elloria had once been a beautiful land. In the ancient tongue Elloria meant "Golden Beauty". Darmae looked around him, there was little of that beauty left. The Old Queen and her family had deforested and stripped the land of it's beauty in their constant quest for more of everything the land could give. Darmae felt the old anger surface again. Because he was born with the wrong name in the wrong town and of the wrong parents he was doomed to a hard life and a slow painful death from either overwork or disease. He snorted and once again bent to his task of trying to make the nearly dead soil give up one more harvest. He looked at the burning sun and mumbled "Golden Beauty no longer...."

Today I added the rivers and a shallow water effect. The above blurb describes the bleak condition of the lands of this area. Labeling will be next. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elleroria The Old Empire.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	52819
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.