Thread: Magnamund maps (french caption, SVG format)

Guild Applicant

Map Magnamund maps (french caption, SVG format)

Hello,

For those who don't know, Magnamund is the world created by Joe Dever and Gary Chalk for the gamebooks Lone Wolf and The World of Lone Wolf (Gray Star), now a pen-and-paper roleplaying game.

see Project Aon: Language Selection

These are functional (not very "artistic") maps, and the names are in French. But you an edit the pictures yourself, e.g. with Inkscape
    Inkscape. Draw Freely.

General map :
    carte_magnamund.svg

North-East (Kai series)
    carte_NE_magnamund_LS_serie_1.svg

Shadaki empire (World of Lone Wolf/Gray Star series)
    carte_empire_chadakine.svg

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I think this thread should be moved on another section since it's not a member's finished map.

By the way, those are not free maps (even for personnal use) so you can't use them and edit them like you said.
    Last edited by - Max -; 03-16-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Guild Applicant

I don't know what "finished" means for you. For me, this means I don't intend to modify it further.

If you mean these maps do not meet your aesthetic criteria, then I'm sorry you don't like them.

Concerning intellectual property, the ProjectAon license says "you agree to refrain from redistributing them in any format for any reason. This is intended to protect readers from getting poor quality, unofficial versions or from being asked for payment in exchange for the books by someone who is redistributing them unofficially."

However, I posted them on the ProjectAon forum
    http://projectaon.proboards.com/inde...ay&thread=2329
    and did not get any warning about it.

So you can technically edit them, the original illustrators allowed the free download of copies of their work, but yes, they are not free. If this is an infringement to the rules of the forum, them I apologise, please delete the files.

BTW, I found rules about how to behave on the forum, but nothing about intellectual property. Is it described somewhere?

Are only public domain content or original creations (in the way of intellectual property, i.e. not an original file that is a copy of copyrghited conten) allowed?
    Last edited by cdang; 03-16-2013 at 01:33 PM.

My bad Christophe, seems that I ran through the post too fast. I thought it was some of Gary Chalk's artwork you were posting. Again sorry for the misunderstanding.

Cdang I believe what Max meant by not finished is that this sub-forum is for (member created maps) that are not Works in Progress But rather will not be further modified ! This post more properly belongs under either the Elements or better yet the Inspiration sub forum. A search of the forum should bring up a couple discussion about intellectual property rights and how they pertain to the Guild ! Welcome aboard and loosen up a bit ! No offense was meant I am sure !
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Guild Applicant

Max, that's OK for the misunderstanding.

lostatsea, these maps are finished for me. If you think they look like blueprints or sketches, then it's probably because I'm a beginner…

Following your advice, I tried to search "intellectual property", but got a "connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)" error message
    Last edited by cdang; 03-20-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Cool, I didn't want to be rude, sometimes I just read postss too fast :/ I just looked at the maps more carefully : Tha'st looking good. Clear and Neat job.
    Lines are a bit harsh for me though and I'm not a great fan of the font used.