Thread: Maps for New Campaign Setting

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Maps for New Campaign Setting

Hello, everyone! I'm currently looking for a skilled cartographer to create a series of maps for a campaign setting that I'm working on. I had originally planned on creating the maps myself, but work commitments have gotten in the way. My plan is to work outwards from one point and eventually to have maps of the entire planet. The maps would need to be based on the already existing artwork shown below (larger and more detailed images are available):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	both-sides-of-alwa.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	52830

The planet is called "Alwa" and was produced from sketches I supplied to an artist I've commissioned from Poland. I keep her busy drawing monsters, magic items and other mundane stuff. I'm not going to lie to you, this is probably going to be quite an extensive amount of work. The map types I will be needing are overland maps as well as city maps. I already have several countries sketched out. I actually have a very good idea of what I want, I just don't have the time to draw everything out.

The style of map I like is shown in the map below that I previously drawn (but I am open to options):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jeibelheim_small.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	52831

I need to have the maps produced in such a way that they are suitable for printing in a book (typically 300 dpi TIFF images are acceptable). However, plans are to release the campaign in a PDF format (I'm keeping my options open on the book part). The copyright deal will be negotiated separately, since I want to be fair to all parties involved. I also need to have someone who is willing to negotiate on payment terms (as I am not made of money). However, I also recognize that it necessary to compensate the artist for his/her hard work. As I web designer, I feel your pain.

You can contact me at bob [at] severedgenesis.com and you can view my website to see what this whole project is all about.

I know this is a lot to ask, but I figured that it couldn't hurt to ask my fellow cartographers
    Thanks!

Wow, this is fascinating! I love the style of map you've done, and your project looks phenomenal. I would love to see what I can do for you, if you'd like. You can contact me here on the forums, through e-mail (I'll send you one from my primary e-mail), or you can check out my blog and contact me through there.

Good luck with your project; everything looks amazing so far, and your site is really cool.
    - kes
    Portfolio & Project Blog: 99 Colored Umbrellas
    World Building Project: Worlds of Sand