Thread: [WIP] The Mighty City of Demath

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter mbartelsm's Avatar

Default [Abandoned] The Mighty City of Demath

I'm working on the fantasy fortified capital of Demath.
    The idea is to have a fortified city with sea on front and cliffs behind, it is the capital of one of the Seven Kingdoms and the main setting for one of my stories, I will edit this post as I update the thread.

Demath is the capital of the kingdom of the same name. During the Immortal wars, it was the largest human city and the last line of defense against the elemental armies, after the war was over the remaining inhabitants abandoned it and settled in the countryside to rebuild what they had lost. Three hundred years later, the city was rediscovered and slowly restored as the kingdom of Demath was born again, it slowly grew back to it's initial glory, expanding throughout the lands until it met with the borders of Othrorath and Liroth. In the year 506, an unknown eastern force crossed the frozen mountains and started invading the kingdom once again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Demath-WIP.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	912.9 KB 
ID:	52890  
    Last edited by mbartelsm; 03-15-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Looks to be a good start. I like the cliffs, and the way that you've embossed them onto the paper texture. Loo forward to seeing this develop.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Nice beginning ! I really like your cliffs, they look very natural. Did you make them with wilbur ?

I used wilbur to shape them just a bit, but it was mostly photoshop

Cool start. Want to see how it will end
    Signature? Only in the presence of my lawyers!

I think I'm gonna thrash this one, the scale is too big (300km2) and the terrain doesn't cut it for my story.

Quote Originally Posted by mbartelsm View Post
    I think I'm gonna thrash this one, the scale is too big (300km2) and the terrain doesn't cut it for my story.
    I was hoping for a house overlooking the ocean. It's a great piece of terrain, exaggerate the terrain and add gullies in the valleys that appear on the top half of the map.

I was hoping for a house overlooking the ocean. It's a great piece of terrain, exaggerate the terrain and add gullies in the valleys that appear on the top half of the map.

If you want it I can send you the files

If you want it I can send you the files
    I work on paper. My netbook would freeze
    if I tried to open your files. Your terrain is really good, I was admiring your work. If you want and can do a crude drawing with the gulleys and a possible city center if you want. I think having gulleys on the northern half would intensify your terrain some and make for an interesting map. I'll probably draw a map with you terrain anyway and see if it helps you put any. The image on the forum will do fine since my current computer can handle it fine. I'm working with primitive tools in terms of the digital world.

I don't want to load a map that your created and I edited on my album. Is there a way I can contact you off-list, so I don't appear to be taking your work. You can contact me privately. I never used private messages on this forum yet, so this will be a test drive of my privileges.