Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Inn

er...... ok

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

lol... best fix for vista yet...

Quote Originally Posted by darelf View Post
    Yes sir... it is in Sketchup. My favorite price is free...
    There's always Blender.

Since I use Sketchup on my Macbook Pro, I haven't noticed any "vista" bugs....

Blender? I am... unaware... off to Google!

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by darelf View Post
    Since I use Sketchup on my Macbook Pro, I haven't noticed any "vista" bugs....

Blender? I am... unaware... off to Google!
    Blender.org It's an open source 3D application. I've used 3D Studio Max before and took a shot with Blender, but work and family precluded me getting any real results. Here's hoping you like it, because I'd sure like to see the output.
    Last edited by GlennZilla; 06-16-2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: typos

Blog Entries

If anyone uses Blender a lot I would be really interested in some instant tips on how to use it. I have dabbled in the past but found that there is a bit of a steep learning curve as I think a lot of stuff is done on hot keys. Its really about time I switched to it tho. I know that there are loads of tuts on the web but I would need just the odd question answering etc. Right now tho I have no spare time to play with it.

I've spent quite a bit of time on blender. Mapping has kind of take over from modelling in my life so I haven't really used it for about a year, but I do know a few things if you need some questions answered. Its up there, in my view, with Gimp and Inkscape in the top three free apps available on the web.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Blog Entries

Will take you up on that offer but gimme a few weeks - I am overloaded right now. Blender is a great free app but didn't it start out as a commercial one and got bought out by FSF or am I thinking of another app. But yeah, demo images from it can be astonishing.

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    If anyone uses Blender a lot I would be really interested in some instant tips on how to use it. I have dabbled in the past but found that there is a bit of a steep learning curve as I think a lot of stuff is done on hot keys. Its really about time I switched to it tho. I know that there are loads of tuts on the web but I would need just the odd question answering etc. Right now tho I have no spare time to play with it.
    I went through the video tutorials available on their website. They helped a bunch and the forums seems to full of really helpful folks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast