Thread: Egos - Floating islands of Randoria

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Default Egos - Floating islands of Randoria

Here i go again with other map of my world. This time is the region more in the south where some magical islands float by willpower of a sacred person.
    I have to say thank you again for all pps that helped me in all my old learning rout.

For this map s special thanks for:
    - Max -and arsheesh in my last details.
    and the other mentioned in http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...oms-north.html that made the base of all this map.

Quote Originally Posted by aquarits View Post
    Willpower. This is the vital energy of the survival of Randoria.
    Formed with arcane bases, this empire is devoted entirely to the study of magic arts. Reinforces the idea that the people of Randoria were the first to have friendly contacts with the celestial beings. When say friendly, I mean not hostile, since this creatures are not interested in mortal factors.
    Since the wars of the Brethren, Randoria established a covenant with the existence. Tell the stories that the end of the Great War, a force began to reign in the hearts of the realm. Since then, a priest prays day and night for the existence of magic and maintain harmony throughout the empire. The willpower of this, is so great that it was responsible for the immersion of the great and legendary floating islands of Randoria. Even today, a chosen and maintained under these constant training and behavior, this priest is known from time to time as "the oracle."
    Randoria is in the extreme south of the continent Phaten, and has the second largest landholding in the region. Allies of the elves of Veloria, the live in a standoff with the high development of technology in Valdorn, which divides the kingdom between the land of Randoria and Veloria.

The floating islands of Randoria

The oracle is an important figure in all spheres of Randoria structure. Since taking the decisions leading up to keep warm as the faith of his subjects through their prayers. A group of monks keeps helping the oracle in their prayers, once a year, the oracle rest for 15 days, during this period without the prayers of the saint, the floating islands almost touch the ground. In total the floating archipelago sum six islands, which host the large capital and an academy where only the most devout and able can potentially initiate studies. The energy that sustain the islands in the air is directly linked to two factors, the prayers and the oracle and the magic of Veloria. Although not proven, but a singular phenomenon happens in the same period of the rest of the oracle in the mystical mountain waterfalls of Veloria. When the islands are about to touch the ground, these falls almost dry, which further strengthens this mystical connection between the two kingdoms.
    Randoria, Randy, Farsla, Senitem, Tandra and Zyn are the manes of the 6 islands in the 1,9 million km² with around 50k inhabitants.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Rand.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	4.03 MB 
ID:	52806  

Very nice map, I really like it. Have some rep!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Some nice improvments on colours and border ( though you already know what I think about the angels :p )

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Some nice improvments on colours and border ( though you already know what I think about the angels :p )
    Dido. But I REALLY dig the floating islands, as well as your sketch work; it totally reminds me of one of my favorite shows as a child, the Draw Squad! That alone is worth some rep.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

That is a lots of rep!!! Yay!!! Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    i have to emphasize the angels coz this world is completely based in angels culture. When in other worlds we have a lots of different deities, here all they are angels and at this point they are in war.

About the islands, if you check http://www.cartographersguild.com/ge...re-cosmos.html will see that my 3 worlds are connected and one is a mirrored of the other. The islands is based in the Saxon knowledge of the Dreams of Belem and Mayan vision of the Christianity Messias.

I love Epic Phantasy scenarios but i cant find find a better history and environment like crusaders and Islamic, or the conection with Islamic and Bhudda. For me nothing is more brilliant in ever history that u cam compare. So, believe that all this material + some of my creativity can get a nice sauce in my RPG campaigns.

Again, thank you very much. I am always open to ideas, if want to keep helping me i am working in all my WIPs is here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/ge...tml#post210221

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

There again you could work more on the Angels, make them stick out. At the momentb they realy look too stempedon top. So a more detailed rendering would add a lot to the feel.
    If your setting is heavily using angels as an element maybe you should take the time to create a full develloped motivborder with lots of angels beeing integrated into the borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    If your setting is heavily using angels as an element maybe you should take the time to create a full develloped motivborder with lots of angels beeing integrated into the borders.
    Thanks for this. I did not thought about that. Hands starting to work.