Thread: GIMP crash in loading

Guild Artisan

Default GIMP crash in loading

Hello all,

I know there are a lot of people hear who use GIMP, and hope someone might have some insight. I have been using 2.8.4 I think the latest release with no problem other than the ocassional freeze up when working with a file over 1 gig.

But, just last night, GIMP refuses to load. It reaches the tools-preset then locks up, and then closes. Has anyone ever had this happen? Any thoughts?

I havent installed any new fonts, or scripts, or brushes in the last week. (although I have saved about 20 brushes with the save/brush command.) In fact I dont think I have installed anything new on my computer at all. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck. I can get version 2.6 to work though. I am currently running it on windows 7.

Thanks in advance and fingers crossed.

Guild Artisan

Up and running now. Had some sort of bug in my tools-preset, renamed the folder and relaunched and up and running.

Thanks

Guild Adept

I've been having all sorts of problems with Gimp 2.8.4 on Windows 7. I can't run Alpha to Logo scripts for example. The input dialog pops up, but I can't change gradients for instance. I've actually reverted to 2.6 for some of my tasks. It's been making this month's challenge extra challenging.

I'm thinking of uninstalling Gimp 2.8 and reinstalling into a non-UAC controlled folder. Just the way it is misbehaving, I am thinking that UAC is somehow conflicting with the individual tools. I'll let you know how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by nolgroth View Post
    I've been having all sorts of problems with Gimp 2.8.4 on Windows 7. I can't run Alpha to Logo scripts for example. The input dialog pops up, but I can't change gradients for instance. I've actually reverted to 2.6 for some of my tasks. It's been making this month's challenge extra challenging.

I'm thinking of uninstalling Gimp 2.8 and reinstalling into a non-UAC controlled folder. Just the way it is misbehaving, I am thinking that UAC is somehow conflicting with the individual tools. I'll let you know how it works out.
    I have gimp installed to my D drive (not program files) on windows 7 and have no issues like those mentioned.

-Rob A>