Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolfdell Village 4E WIP

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's looking really good. Lucky players.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Wip

Another small update... don't like the grass fill... and still trying to get some tree symbols right.... illustrator has somewhat of a learning curve... and i'm still learning soo... bare with me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolfdell-Village3.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	733.9 KB 
ID:	4719  

Is this the whole village or a small slice?

Sigurd

save for a few outlying farms... yes... I was planning on adding maybe a few other buildings...

But it does seem that it should be bigger, huh? ... i've been thinking that for a while now...

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    save for a few outlying farms... yes... I was planning on adding maybe a few other buildings...

But it does seem that it should be bigger, huh? ... i've been thinking that for a while now...
    Does it need to be? A village needs a smithy, a temple, a shop, a tavern/inn, and maybe a few residences-- and some of those things could be combined for a very small village.

Unless you were aiming bigger, this looks plenty large for a small village.
    - J.D. Forinash

[quote=jdf;24750]Does it need to be? [quote]

This sir... Was an EXCELLENT question. And the answer is, NO .. it sure doesn't. Thank you for pointing that out in a manner that made me realize I often try to make more out something when I should be asking myself does it accomplish what I need it to do.

REPPED!!!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Excellent point jdf. I've been thinking much the same thing myself lately. I like to draw towns and villages and not cities so just yesterday I started making a list of things that a town needs as it grows (many thanks to Civ 4 and the Fall from Heaven mod -- which I play way too often). Like they always say...keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Is this the whole village or a small slice?

Sigurd
    I was asking an honest question - not trying to sway you either way.

It can be much clearer if you omit buildings etc... that aren't pertinent or scale your village to your needs. Bravo. I'm just on a self imposed realism kick.

Sigurd

I know ya were sigurd... and I was already struggling with perhaps starting over with a bigger village and a smaller scale... but see.. this is one of my hang ups.. lol... I always wanna make things bigger and better and then before I know it I've got some monster on my hand that has way too many elements and plots and this and that and I'm over here putting in things that the PC's will probably never even see or know about .. etc etc...

When he posted that question it just suddenly snapped me back to where I needed to be to get this thing focused and finished... and I was really estatic about it as well... lol

so no worries brother you was just asking a simple question and I was giving you my honest answer at the time.... I was thinking of making it bigger

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    I know ya were sigurd... and I was already struggling with perhaps starting over with a bigger village and a smaller scale...
    Oh no you don't! That make will be perfect for a VTT once finished. I can just see the expression on my players faces when they walk up and see that dragon head for an Inn... ummm that assumes you make this beautiful piece of art work available for personal use.

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast