Thread: Newbie says hello

Default Newbie says hello

Well, hello everyone.
    Why am I here? That's a good question as usually I make my maps with words, with is a clever, or clever-dick, way of saying that I am a writer - some evidence of which is here: Acts of the Servant ~ the restored text | bardoftweeddale, please excuse any less than cutting edge graphics as they are not my strength! - albeit one who is only marginally published.

However, I am a writer who will be in want of a map and has (just) begun to make one: http://tinyurl.com/Europe-circa-1860 (yeah, now you see why I'm here) but obviously my abilities are sorely lacking. Assuming my (very) epic literary alternate history + fantasy novel will have to be self-published I will at some point need either a map good enough to include as an illustration in the book or one clear enough to give to an illustrator who can make me an illustration.

So, why am I here? Well, obviously for all the help and advice I can get!

Colin

Welcome aboard Colin, we've got a bunch of tutorials which can help you progress along to improved graphics Even if you end up requesting someone to help / make a map for you it definitely helps to have a good concept / imagery to provide to the cartographer.