Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Selvarin - Fantasy map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks much all you guys! Comments much appreciated As some people asked me I'll may do a tutorial on the shields soon when I'll have some spare time (since it's not that hard to make them )

@Aquarits : you may want to check an eastern area in the Khanat de Sebassaher too
    @Jaxilon : Glad you liked this detail, I thought it was a pretty goodway to remind who's where since I didn't put nations names on the map, prefering to use shields and a heraldic key

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Bien, j'en profite pour parler un peu français dans ce carcan anglophone.
    Tu nous montres là quelque chose de vraiment magnifique ! La carte est véritablement immense et dégueule de détails. Du bel ouvrage !
    A titre purement indicatif, combien de temps as-tu passé à cette réalisation ?

Guild Novice

In case some people were wondering what TheCurlyPower had written. He pretty much said that you did a truly magnificient job Max. The map is really immense with so much detail. Great work! A purely indicative title, How much time have you spent for this realism?

But like everyone said this is really amazing work you did a fantastic job. I can't wait to see the next map you make.

Thank you Curly and Stormhawk! I've started the map near one month ago but I don't really know exactly how much time I've spend on it :/ Sometimes I just worked one hour on it, sometimes, some full evenings or week-end.
    * Merci pour le commentaire Curly, j'ai démarré la carte il y a environ un mois mais je ne saurais dire précisément combien de temps j'ai passé dessus. Parfois je travaillais juste une heure par jour dessus, d'autres fois des soirées ou week end entiers*

I saw that your amazing map were made in french ! (i'm a french guy, sorry for my very poor english)
    Can you give us more information about the continent ? For what use was it done ?

excellent !!!

Blog Entries

Beautiful work, Max. I love the palette. Wonderful stuff.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Thanks Ramah and Mahar! ...Ramah...Mahar...Funny
    @Mahar : When I first started the map, I just had a few general setting about the whole continent and the several nations. I created a lot of labels and stuff while mapping to help me go further on the setting /history of the continent in case I'll need it. I'll be honest : I rather have pleasure to map than to worldbuild. Seems it's more easy for me on personnal projects to map and create some stuff from the map when it's done than create a world and map it.

Guild Novice

This map is absolutely gorgeous. The sheer amount of detail is amazing.

My first thought was: Oh my, it is so light. The colours are so nice!
    My second thought was: Oh my, my monitor is too small!!! What a great line-up of detail! Icons, shields, ornaments, little descriptions of locations - you go into this map and just get lost discovering one excellent graphics after another. And all that without getting too crowded. Great!

One thing I would mention as not perfect is the legibility of the font in the forest of sidjukistev. A dark outline as in the other forests would have been better to clearly distinguish i from l and v from y between all those trees. The names of the two settlements within that forest aren't clear, too. But typography in general is very solid without missing style - as always.

Another thing is the lack of consistency in line art. The Outlines of mountains are thicker as much other map features as buildings. The lines of cliffs are a bit more blurry. Streets are very slim. But this isn't really that bad because it's all for different elements. What I like is the high number of different things on the map without looking overloaded.

I like those little spots/circles near the coastline. Never seen that before. Nice!

It's huge! It's epic. It's a masterpiece again.
    One more time I'm deeply impressed of your work.
    Last edited by Freehand 5.5; 03-23-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast