Thread: The Tower of Woven Words

Default The Tower of Woven Words

Hi Everyone

Here is my entry from the last mapping challenge, the tower of woven words. The tower is home to a conclave of Gnome wizards. It exists across many realms and crossing between them is as simple as moving between rooms, the structure is really just a massive collection of magic portals seamlessly integrated into the architecture of the building. The central element of this structure is a tower called the Presidium which is comprised of an atrium with stairs, walkways, and hundreds of doors packed closely together. The Presidium itself exists in all the realms the tower spans while not really residing on any one realm in particular. The doors of the Presidium open out into rooms that span all the realms that the tower inhabits. Walking along a landing for example you might pass a door to the material realm, then one to the Feywild, and finally a door to Limbo (the home realm of the tower).

The map is done using all physical materials as outlined below
    - A4, 200gsm watercolour paper
    - Dip pen with black Windsor & newton calligraphy ink
    - Pebeo studio watercolour paints

As always prints and products based on this print can be found on my store.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_tower_of_woven_words_lowres.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	5.07 MB 
ID:	130385
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

While it is too late to fix the original, you might want to digitally remove the "it's" for "its" error in the title cartouche.

The color on this is a delight. I hate that it should be marred by an errant apostrophe.
    Last edited by rdanhenry; 07-05-2021 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    While it is too late to fix the original, you might want to digitally remove the "it's" for "its" error in the title cartouche.

The color on this is a delight. I hate that it should be marred by an errant apostrophe.
    True, I'd completely missed that (also my wife who usually spelling checks my work for me must have missed it too), I'll go back when I'm finished my current project and see if I can retouch that without messing up the colouring on the label element.

I'm glad you like the colour though, I'm very pleased with how the colouring on this piece turned out.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.