Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** March/April Lite Challenge - Organic Mapping ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default *** March/April Lite Challenge - Organic Mapping ***

This month we're going organic!

This could be a town that's grown up around a major natural feature, a woven sargasso mat in the sea holding unspeakable horrors or an elven village designed to flow just like the veins on a leaf.

Title each new thread March/April Lite Entry - <your title>

Precede each WIP image with the tag ### Latest WIP ###.

The challenge will end on or around the 13th of April, and the winner will receive a silver compass, and glory.

Can I just submit last months entry again? This feels kind of familiar!

I do like the theme though, it's very subtle and I can see it being taken in a lot of different directions. I'll need to think a bit before I figure out what I'll be doing this month.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Unfortunately challenge maps need to be new creations, but a river theme does work with this. We try to alternate specific and broader theme challenges.

No I know, I think I have the beginnings of a plan for this anyway. I just found it amusing that the direction my last entry ended up going would fit right into this one.

Maybe it's because I'm not a native english speaker, but I have difficulties to understand the theme fully. Could you help me further, perhaps with another examples, a defintion, or counterexamples ?
    Thanks and sorry for my bad understanding.

Guild Apprentice

organic means natural. People move to the city because they wanted too. Slow and steady growth.

The opposite would be a planned city. His "Royal highness" said build here to this plan. Very rapid early growth.

Thanks ! I see now what is intended here. Now if I hd time and a brilliant idea...

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

One entry? One? That's it? C'mon guys, I need more to sate my mappetite besides Bogie's (admittedly great) piece.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Organic? Meh :p Don't feel inspired...

I've taken at least two attempts to get something started, and just haven't managed to get going. Either my ideas are beyond my skill/knowledge, or my capabilities don't produce something that feels right.

Haven't quite given up yet, but if I manage an entry this month it's gonna be very last minute...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast