Thread: Lich King Tomb

Wip Lich King Tomb

This is a small tomb I made when my rpg groups GM diden't show up and everyone still wanted to play.
    The background was just a small tomb that was the resting place of a former lich king.
    The tomb is poorly made as he made he undead minions dig it out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lichkinghanddrawn.jpg 
Views:	1204 
Size:	690.5 KB 
ID:	51758

I am currently remaking it on my computer, but it still have some way to go.
    So far I actually like the hand drawn more my self. The colorised computer version is sorta.. cartonish looking.
    But I am still working on it.

Name:	lichkinghanddrawn2.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	648.2 KB 
ID:	51760 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lichking.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	51759

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I don't mind this cartoonish feel, this is interesting. And I think that "curved" style drawing gives that cartoonish touch as more as the digital coloring.

Interesting, but kind of impractical.

Nice work for an off the cuff quick map. Perfect size for a quick one night game. Only criticism is the computer version is to dark. It does give it a good scary feel, but to hard to see details. Keep in mind that something about this forum site makes dark maps even darker when you post them here.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Undead minions are SO unreliable.... Next time contact ANIMUSES ARE US and we will provide you with our top of the line undead minions that will not only increase productivity but also cook a wonderful omlette.... Great work your players are very lucky
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Name:	lichking.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	394.6 KB 
ID:	54998

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Only criticism is the computer version is to dark. It does give it a good scary feel, but to hard to see details.
    I agree with Bogie. Only after I ran your dungeon through a graphics program and brought out the details did I see how well you put it together. See the modified version above.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Wonderful job on this! I really like the style and the skewed, flowing design. Makes it very interesting and visually appealing. And I love the uneven walls (thick/thin)!

Personally, I prefer the darker version in the first post. Yes, it's quite dark, but it gives it a wonderful, creepy atmosphere. And the way my monitor is calibrated, I can still see all the details perfectly fine. Maybe when it's all done, you could offer two versions...one dark and one bright.

Thanks for all the replies. I must admit that I had completly forgotten about this one. I might return to it one day and offer up a lighter version But Mark Oliva's version functions ok for showing the details for know.

Again thanks.
    http://platoon.dk - My homesite for the things I create.