Thread: Al-Qadim Mansion / U1 - Sinister Secrets of Saltmarsh

Wip Al-Qadim Mansion / U1 - Sinister Secrets of Saltmarsh

Real life has kept me far too busy lately - but I have been tinkering around with a new project (though my track record with finishing these hasn't been so great - I do hope to eventually finish some of the maps I've started and posted on this forum).

So, PCs want to incorporate a pirate-type element into the game. I thought as a good introduction to that, I'd use the U1 old-school d&d adventure modified to take place in the Al-Qadim world. The first part of this adventure has them exploring a "Haunted House" only to discover that it is really a secret smugglers den. The second part will have them assault the smuggler's ship (which I'm really looking forward to trying to map). I didn't particularly like the original floor plan for the house provided in the adventure, so I heavily modified a basic floor plan for an Al-Qadim style mansion provided in those source books. In the end, it will have everything needed to run U1, but things will be moved around a bit.

So, without further ado - this is what I have so far. It was created in CC3 with objects and textures that can be found on the Dunjinni Forums or CGtextures.com. I used Photoshop to do the labeling. Comments and criticisms are as always welcome.

Next step is doing the 2nd floor and basement

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Haunted House - New 2-4mb.jpg 
Views:	1026 
Size:	3.41 MB 
ID:	53037
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Wasn't overly pleased with my original stab at labeling - so I made some mods. I think it looks better...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Haunted House - New 3 - 4mb.jpg 
Views:	926 
Size:	4.06 MB 
ID:	53055
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Excellent map, Well Done!!!

I agree, nicely presented and very usable.