Thread: Aurellia - Regional campaign map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip Aurellia - Regional campaign map

This is a photoshop workup of one region of my new campaign setting. I will be starting off the campaign as I mentioned before by running the "Keep on the Shadowfell" Module...instead of "Winterhaven" I'll be running the game from Northwynd Village on this map.

I of course used the output from FT to create the terrain. BUT...I exported various different aspects that I can use as layers in photoshop.

Basically its the waldronate image climate shader as the base layer for color

Then I have an all white altitude map exported with shading turned on, set to multiply on top of the climate shader map.

Then the latlong lines are exported separately (and will soon become path traces)

The rivers were exported from FT as blue overlay on white background (altitude map again all set to white, no shading) traced using the photoshop's pen tool...then I stroked the path using a brush with fade set up for brush size controller (to make the river shrink as it goes upstream)...

Then of course, the labels and towns and whatnot.

I still have a LOT of detail to add, such as forests, many more towns, lakes, roads, ruins, etc.

Redrobes is also possibly going to give me a better cleaned up tersys calculated overlay to replace the wilbur ridged multifractal overlay...Good times

I'm sooo excited to be mapping again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aurellia_working.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	601.3 KB 
ID:	4373  
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin