Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter farmhouse battlemap

Guild Journeyer

My players tend to stop burning everything down after a band of orks burn them out of an abandoned farmhouse. Fire is a two way street.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennZilla View Post
    My players tend to stop burning everything down after a band of orks burn them out of an abandoned farmhouse. Fire is a two way street.
    Two half-ogres in shiny pinstripe suits come to visit the PCs: "We is here to investuhgate reports of non-union arson in dis here area. Youse guys know anytin about dis?" Especially effective on lower-level PCs.

edit: I suppose that should be "non-guild" for a fantasy setting rather than "non-union".

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

The PCs find another house on a steep slope deep in snow. They torch the house and walk down the slope laughing. The snow above starts to melt. They hear a dull rumble and look up to see a wall of ice and snow bearing down on them.

As they roll up new characters the GM leans back with an innocent look on his face "Well if you will torch everything..."

An avalanche might actually make a fun encounter, and it could be a handy and plausible way to separate a PC from troublesome gear.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    The outdoor toilet is purely for RPMiller. A present...
    Aww... how thoughtful. ROFL Hey, at least I got you to think about it and I bet it added just a touch more realism to the map overall. It is also probably a good thing that they didn't set fire to it... methane and fire are not a good combination.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    An avalanche might actually make a fun encounter, and it could be a handy and plausible way to separate a PC from troublesome gear.
    Two words, "Bogart Rogue". You'll have PC's buying castles to protect thier precious items soon enough.

Laugh. Sure, but you can only spring so many thieves on a group before they call "foul!" And it's always better when they lose as a result of their own foolish actions (setting fire to things).
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yes, I ran an encounter in an avalanche once - almost suffocated the dwarven cleric. The rest of the party had to use detect magic to try and find him under the snow before he died. All good fun.

In 3.5 all you need to do is throw one monster against them with the sunder feat and the parties' net worth drops like a stone. The Nightwalker's crush item power is pretty horrible too. And there's always the humble rust monster.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    (roll a dice and stare knowingly at it regardless of what the result is) --Torq
    This is my all time FAVORITE tactic to really let players know .... how final a result is

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Yes, I ran an encounter in an avalanche once - almost suffocated the dwarven cleric. The rest of the party had to use detect magic to try and find him under the snow before he died. All good fun.

In 3.5 all you need to do is throw one monster against them with the sunder feat and the parties' net worth drops like a stone. The Nightwalker's crush item power is pretty horrible too. And there's always the humble rust monster.
    The sunder feat is GREAT and EVIL and JOYFUL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast