Thread: New game master, new campaign, new to the site!

Default New game master, new campaign, new to the site!

Hello! Well, as the title says it, I am going to be stepping out of my comfort zone and move from player to running a game. It won't be happening for a few months though, so I have time to plan and make it the best experience possible for my friends.

Interestingly enough, things seem to be falling into place for me. This game is going to be done remotely via MapTool and Ventrilo. But everything that has been intimidating for me has been solved via new resources available on the Internet.

I first came across a campaign manager software on Kickstarter. Realm Works - Lone Wolf Development. With that I can track the adventures, NPC interaction, family trees, timelines, and have maps with a "fog of war" effect covering up stuff the players don't know about yet. But wait, I know nothing about making maps...... Oh whatever will I do!?!?

Welcome to the Guild Jrandom! And welcome to the wonderful worlds of DMing and Map-making. I think you will find both to be rewarding. Well there are tutorials aplenty here to help you get started. If you have any questions feel free to hollar. Also, if you haven't done so already, post up a WIP of any projects that you are currently working on. This is a good way to elicit helpful C&C.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh