Thread: New Hosting

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

Default New Hosting

Just wanted to say great choice on switching servers or whatever it is you guys did. The site is now running ten times faster for me than it did previously. I know there were a few issues the other night and the rollback, but for the things we lost in those two days it was definitely a great choice and much appreciated.

*thumbs up*

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Hosting

Thanks for the feedback! I'm hoping things continue to work well! Once we get all the little behind the scenes things worked out, this place will be awesome-er!

Edit: I wanted to mention, we didn't change hosting... We got forced to move to another server due to failing hardware. The new server had/still has some bugs in it that helped us identify a pretty major optimization issue. While trying to fix the bugs the server crashed, losing two days of content... Once we got restored, we were restored with the optimization in place.

Sent from my CM Bionic using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Robbie; 03-29-2013 at 06:08 AM.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Agreed, things are running very smoothly on my end lately.

But the real reason I'm posting here is to say I like your avatar, Yospeck. I played a recent game of Alternity where I might as well have been using that die. I don't remember the exact count, but I rolled consecutive failures on somewhere between 13 - 17 spaceship piloting rolls. I definitely was not a leaf on the wind. I decided to go down with the ship in order to avoid being executed for incompetence by my ship-mates, who very wisely ejected at first opportunity but were then stranded on a lifeless world.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I can report it's much faster for me too...the site has been nearly unusable for me for several weeks.

OT: nice to see an Alternity players! I'm hoping to get some Alternity going with my group in the near future.
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default New Hosting

Much faster here as well
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    OT: nice to see an Alternity players! I'm hoping to get some Alternity going with my group in the near future.
    M
    I've only played in that one game so far, but I'd like to play again at some point. At the moment, I'm waiting with bated breath for my Traveller 5 book to arrive.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I want to concur that the site is blazing fast for me again as well. It's been a real dog for quite a while for me and was seriously bumming me out. I'm happy again

I wonder if that one member who could never see anything might be able to view images again or not? Can't recall his name.

Never heard of Alternity but now I'll have to go look it up. I have always wanted to play a space sci fi game. Thought about getting GURPS Traveller for quite some time but haven't yet.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt