Thread: City of Redwall

Guild Member

Map City of Redwall

Not much to say... I Re-made my city, same location but new city brushes
    Tool- GIMP
    Time 10 hours including making brushes and eating.

here is the result: (still cannot upload)

-ZleapingBear
    I love to do things in another way than everyone else... I hate to fail... Bad coctail.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

The shape is interesting but the map looks like an odd mix of blur and pixellated elements :/ Also the colors are a bit "flashy"

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

I echo Max' thoughts. Quick fix (if you're that bothered) would be to minimize the size to about 70% (which will hide the pixelation slightly) and reduce the saturation of the image to about -70 (Photoshop) and it will already look considerably better. Nice layout but for a city with a castle and wall I'd say it needs more living areas/buildings as medieval cities typically have around 10,000 people living it (and as this has TWO temples and a large port then you would expect more).

Hardly 100% accurate but a good source of information can be found here: Medieval Demographics Made Easy

Guild Member

Thanks for the comments
    And Eay, the pixilization... mostly the walls... I some how cant seem to find a good way to make walls, they pixilate on me every time (have tried the 70% size... no luck)

THe colors, had not thougt of that.. but i can see that you are rigth.
    On the Population vs Realistic... I know, this map was just as much a test of my new brushes...

But thanks for the comment... I'll try and remember/use the info for my next map
    I love to do things in another way than everyone else... I hate to fail... Bad coctail.