Thread: Irunberria, a new map

Post Irunberria, a new map

Hi. A new map in elaboration. This is the version 1. I use diverse tools. I hope comments. (Sorry for my english)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IRUNBERRI.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	574.6 KB 
ID:	53111  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Interesting shape but the overall map lacks of consitency in my opinion : coastlines and rivers are way too much pixellated and looks too much computer generated while icons, mountains and trees are way too blurry. Also the sea texture with the use of height things don't really match mountains and forests brushes (using height relief with "artistic" mountains doesn't really go together too). Same for the graphics that looks just pasted on the map. For labels, you should try to avoid straight diagonals one (like you did on the sea). Hope it helps

You have helped me, no doubt. I will make the corrections in the next version. Thanks

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

dunno if you generated your rivers in Wilbur, wut looks that you did i recommend you run small passes of erosion and define some topo levels to not get rivers so much straight.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

No problem Imanol, keep the mapping work up!

Dido what Max and Aquartis have said. Also, the problem with the rivers may also be caused by not having the Noise % set high enough (it should be set to at least 5%).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice

As the others have said, it'll need a bit more work but I wanted to say that I really like the colour palette. Nice choices of greens, reds and blues.

Chris