Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The CSUAC now supports CC3!

Post The CSUAC now supports CC3!

Thanks to Gerri Broman, the CSUAC is now available to support CC3! This has over 5000 images in PNG format and fills, already sorted in the CC3 file structure. And more is on the way! The current task is organizing 3000 structural images (buildings, roads, bridges, etc) with an intent of having it ready at the end of the month (early July for CC3).

(follow the link in the sig)

I was curious enough about this post to follow the link, just to find out what a "CSUAC" is! Sadly, the link likewise doesn't say. I'm probably the only one here at the Cartographer's Guild who doesn't already know the answer but could someone solve the acronym puzzle for me?

What's a "CSUAC"?

- Alane (a brand-new forum member) -

Blog Entries

Not sure of the acronym but it is a repository of collected user generated art for tokens and other objects for maps. When somebody makes a table or a chair they often upload it to their fav mapping program forum and the forums usually have a licencing statement which allows other users to download it for their own use. Sometimes thats for commercial use too and they might even have something more formal like a "Creative Commons" licence which specifically allows certain rights.

Anyway, some dudes went around sucking them all up from different websites, sorting and blocking them into zips of similar objects which were free to use. I think some of them said that they would not like the wholesale zips uploaded and redistributed tho (for some reason). Well, as usually happens in those situations, the original dudes website became obsolete but other people have popped up to continue marching on holding the standard.

I think thats mostly correct but might have some slight errors in it.

I believe the CS is his initials, and UAC is Ultimate Art Collection or something like that.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

RP is partially correct, it actually stands for... "Cecil Solomon's User-Art Collection"
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The CSUAC is a huge undertaking and daunting in time and labor to compile and complete. You need a gargoyle? It's probably in there somewhere. You need a dead ettin with one it's heads chopped off? It's probably in there. You need a butter churn? It's in there. That's the kind of scope we're talking about. As users of varying programs like Dunjinni and Campaign Cartographer continually add to the user created art forums, he add these in. Mad organizational skill set there and crazy discipline...and well worth anyone's time to look into.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks for the clarification SG! I gave you some rep for solving the mystery accurately.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Thanks for the clarification SG! I gave you some rep for solving the mystery accurately.
    Not necessary, but thank you none-the-less.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Question CSUAC - Useable with Other Programs

This CSUAC. Is the collection of .pngs separate or does one need dundjinni or Campaign Cartographer to use it? I'm finding myself wasting time searching on the internets for images or crafting them from scratch. (Slow)

Quote Originally Posted by drwolf0014 View Post
    This CSUAC. Is the collection of .pngs separate or does one need dundjinni or Campaign Cartographer to use it? I'm finding myself wasting time searching on the internets for images or crafting them from scratch. (Slow)
    You do not need Dundjinni or CC to use them, but they are grouped together in very large .ZIP files (I believe by the month they were posted). You can also search the forums on the Dundjinni site to find some of the .PNGs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast