Thread: Kingdom of Orhai. A map of the desert land

Post Kingdom of Orhai. A map of the desert land

Another test. Trying to improve. Thank you all for your comments
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orhai.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	1,004.5 KB 
ID:	53134  

The structure of the land, the mountains and especially the coast looks very fine. I have to ask: how did you do that?

The city icons do not really keep up that standard though... in my personal preference, I would replace them with simple geometrical forms. That would fit this type of map better in my view.
    The roads are simply bad... too thick, too blocky and the white outline does not fit at all. In your place, I would try to replace them with narrower, all-dark, dotted lines.

I would also like to see some more bleeding / aging in the labels... they look a little too digial to me.

Overall though: a very nice map.
    Last edited by Freodin; 03-30-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Hi Imonal. I have to agree with Freodin. I like the overall style you are going for, but the roads are a problem. They are indeed too thick and pixelated, and the white stroke surrounding them is incongruous with the piece overall. I would also agree that dotted lines might be best for a piece like this, and I would use the same color scheme as you are using for your location names.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice

Agreed. The coast looks great. I'm also curious how you've achieved that effect. The cities and towns are clearer on this map than on Irunberria, which helps the overall look and feel.

Chris

Thank you all for your comments. I have worked with PS for designing the coast with Wilbur for elevations and again with PS to finish.

Here is the corrected map. I hope you enjoy it. Best regards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orhai_2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	955.5 KB 
ID:	53153