Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The pay sucks, but...

I did the ruined fort, and thought I'd post it here. It's not perfect, but I think it'll work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruined fort.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	4476  

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks good to me.

I'm putting together an encounter in woodland. How large does the woodland area need to be? I'm doing mine in winter. Would that be okay for your purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Looks good to me.

I'm putting together an encounter in woodland. How large does the woodland area need to be? I'm doing mine in winter. Would that be okay for your purposes?
    I can be as large as you want to make it. I've always thought that there was never enough snow in anything I've played--probably from too much reading in Icewind Dale--but for my purposes this time the snowy forest would be too repetitive; I've already got the snow-covered cemetery for an example of difficult terrain.

That being said, I can likely adapt whatever you put out, so if you want to share it, I'll absolutely do something with it.

And it'd be great if, at least for the version you send to this thread, you could incorporate a signature like rlucci did. Gotta give the credit where it's due!

*EDIT* On second thought, a wintry forest would be fantastic. Funny the things you think of in the three seconds after you click "save."
    Last edited by industrygothica; 06-28-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Fair enough. I'll see what I come up with. It will be of the same style as the Winter Farmhouse I posted in the VTT forum. Any features you'd specifically like? Stream? Small Cliff? It will serve me as a random encounter map so I'm pretty agnostic as to what goes in at the moment.

I had originally envisioned a clearing in front of a small cliff with a stream running parallel to the cliff face. In this vision there was a tree that had either fallen or was otherwise placed over the stream as a makeshift bridge, and the other side was pure forest.

Basically there were lots of opportunity for skill checks to get across the bridge, plenty of options for cover and concealment. Just something to make the terrain as much a part of the encounter as the bad guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12