Thread: Good-bye, Tomorrow is Yesterday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Good-bye, Tomorrow is Yesterday

When I moved to Illinois in 1991, the first thing I did was locate the nearby hobby/rpg shops. Tomorrow is Yesterday was the best of the bunch, in Rockford, Il. For years, I drove up there and (like all of us) spent a ton on RPG materials -- because they had them. Miniatures, paints, books, used books, and some gaming tables -- plus comics and so forth. It had atmosphere, it felt personal.
    Because of health reasons, I hadn't gotten a chance to get up there in 3 or 4 years. I just discovered that, a little while ago, they've shut down and converted into a straight-up comics shop under a new name.
    Like others who have posted, I lament the passing of a brilliant, personal, welcome-home RPG shop.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Good-bye, Tomorrow is Yesterday

Unfortunately that is the way that the world goes. In Copenhagen we have the world oldest (active) comic shop. They still sport RPGs, board games and lots of great literature - however I don't live nearby anymore and it's a lot cheaper and easier to shop online - so it's been a long time since I visited. If their prices were better and the web shop more informative I might by there again.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

There's a comic shop that I've been going to for about 7 years; even though it's now pretty inconvenient to get to I still try to get over there once or twice a month, operating under the superstition that if I don't continue to do so, they'll go under.