Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I create Brushes that are not blured?

Have you tried using the Pencil tool instead of the Brush? The difference between the two is the Pencil applies no antialiasing to your strokes, so if it's a filtering problem, that should reduce or eliminate it.

And following on from RobA's idea, you can change Photoshop's default interpolation method in Edit > Preferences > General. Try Nearest Neighbor to start with. If it is an interpolation issue, then that will make the brush nice and crisp, but it will probably also distort the edges a bit.

Let us know if either or both of those methods improve things or not.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I already tried the pencil tool, but I loose too much details when using it. Changing the default interpolation seems to have little effect. Funny thing is, sometimes when I do longer strokes, some of the hills are perfect and crisp while most of them are still blurred.

I helped myself by applying a non visible noise and creating all brushes with the size of 64 pixel. That makes the brushes a little awkward to use, but they are as crisp as they are supposed to be. I guess size matters after all

Thanks for all the good advice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12