Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Egos - Veloria

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Default Egos - Veloria

In this map i tried use everything that i learned in my other 3 maps, specially the art of "to wait". I did slowly and respecting the work-flow. Used a new structure of files making all my finishing stuff in one file, got with it better resolution and labels.

This map was strongly influenced by other 4 maps that i really liked:
    Celare from Chashio
    A map in Showcase Album from Schwarzkreuz
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...ntasy-map.html
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/ne...al-2012-a.html

i have to say thanks specially to - Max - that is constantly active in my thread helping and pushing me up to keep doing the map.
    And to the others that eventually checked my post and my progress, plus all that helped in http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...-warlands.html

Still working in other maps and all the WIP was registered in http://www.cartographersguild.com/ge...agacea-17.html

Thans from aqua

Quote Originally Posted by aquarits View Post
    Veloria

In the beginning the gods lived in the third heaven, just looking at the creation with eyes of disgust. When the creator sent them to 'Egos' in order to understand all agents, some of these became fascinated by humans. Many of the gods fell in love with humans, lived with them and shared the pain. They built home.
    In the course of the ages, these gods eventually forget their heavenly nature. This embodiment is that we call today as Elves. The basic difference between elves and angels, are not in their heavenly origin, but its acceptance in humans. Elves have no soul, so their existence can not prosper, however, with humans, they can have children and keep their lineage active.Acceptance humanity is something polemicist, because over time, the Elves, immortal found themselves dependent on humans. Prosperity elven occurred with the passage of time and the discovery that the greater proximity to human blood elves, gave a higher probability of the birth of elves. These humans with elven blood, called half-elves are divided into three bloodlines. The more near this purity greater the chance of reproduction among the elves.

The mountain of Veloria

With approximately 7000 meters of elevation the mountain Veloria houses the two largest Elven cities of all empire. In the Palace and the temple of Dropped Leaves happens a ritual called Halandra, which is equivalent to marriage of humans. The constitution of the family comes down on, need an elf and a human for the elves maintain their existence, however, in respect to feeling, Halandra not forbid marriage between the elves, as long as the family contains both races, it becomes common large families with more than one male and female.The city of Aurian, consists of nearly half-elves, children of bith races, born humans carry with them part of elven blood, they are well respected by the Elven court, respecting them as a result of the union between the two races.

Vortex and Vertex

The kingdom of Veloria contains in its territory, a vortex and a vertex. Practically have the same operation. These places have almost no pellicle that separates the physical from the spiritual world. Being able to access both world trough these areas.The difference between the two is that vortex existed since the early days, they emerged naturally giving access to two rivers that cross the entire cosmos (Stinx and Oceanus), in contrast Vertex were created and are maintained in a ritualistic and magical assets to communication between spirits and mortals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-vel.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	53193  

Very nice job.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nice job Aquarits. I especially love the palette on this one.
    One comment I already did on the WIP : I would have expected more forests labels since the map is mostly about forested areas and you had space to put some.

Looks great Aquartis!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Thank you guys

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Nice job Aquarits. I especially love the palette on this one.
    One comment I already did on the WIP : I would have expected more forests labels since the map is mostly about forested areas and you had space to put some.
    The problem labeling more forest was that i dont have names for the others i dont want just create a name and put it in the map w/o a backgroud reason

and tnx again peps

Looking great!

I especially love the detail on that compass (I think this is the name) at the top left

Pretty good job!

I like the style of the map and especially love the mountain focal point. That curvy runic script is pretty too.

That's extremely cute!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast