Thread: Hello

Post Hello

Hi,

I'm new to these forums. Found this place because I was looking for advice on designing and developing the maps for my world. I've always been a pen and paper map drawer and while I have tried the Fractal Terrains [Demo] I still enjoy the feel of the paper and pen.

I draw my maps to the visual queues needed to make them easily 'read' the problem I have is I suck at scale.

Welcome to the Guild rentauri. Post some of your work up as soon as possible.

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome Aboard
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by rentauri View Post
    I've always been a pen and paper map drawer and while I have tried the Fractal Terrains [Demo] I still enjoy the feel of the paper and pen.
    Plenty of pen and paper mappers here, some of the better equipped are using drawing tablets to get that same pen and paper look and feel. I dabble in both digital map making and hand-drawn and sometimes together!

I'm working on an isometric view town map referencing a digital 3D sketch I created to trace and hand-draw the details for this month's mapping challenge. You should get ahold of GIMP (free raster app) and start playing with digital maps. If you have a scanner, you can digitally enchance what you start with a drawing.

Welcome, aboard!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Welcome rentauri. Hand drawn maps are always cool, and there is a big group of hand drawers here at the guild. I agree with GP though. I doesn't hurt to get to grips with graphics apps and many of the great ones are free.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Thanks all,

I'll try and check out that program.