Thread: Tabula Peutingeriana

Default Tabula Peutingeriana

Hello

I've been lurking for a long, long time...finally joined up and registered. I am in awe of the level of draughtsmanship that comes out of this site. Most of it is, simply, beautiful work.

I am starting my own project based on the Peutinger Map (aka, Peutinger Table; Tabula Peutingeriana; etc.). The best digital copy of the map I've found is located in Princeton's library (tinyurl.com/peutinger), but it can't be downloaded, only viewed in their viewer. Wikipedia has a good version, but not nearly as high a resolution or as nice in detail and quality as the Princeton version. Yale has a good version as well, but like Princeton, it is only able to be viewed not downloaded.

So, I'm asking if anyone knows of a hi-res version of this map, especially one that is simialr to that located in the Princeton archives. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Cheers.

Higher res than this view? (the link where it says "view full map - very large). I think that URL's right ... It's way to big to download to my phone :-).

Are you planning on working with the real-world map itself, or are you creating your own world in that style, needing perhaps samples to use as elements on your own map? Welcome to the Guild, by the way!
    Last edited by jbgibson; 04-06-2013 at 12:00 PM.