Thread: Steampunk Revolution...I mean, Hi

Post Steampunk Revolution...I mean, Hi

Hello all,

I am Dornier Spy (Not mentioning my real name) and I am a major fan of the steampunk genre. I don't really understand how to explain it, it started sometime when I was young and I watched that series Thomas the Train or whatever it's turned into. As I grew older, I studied steam locomotion and more into how steam and steam-powered vehicles operated. It was kind of a strange hobby, luckily, I had a few librarians who understood me well enough to assist me.

Nowadays, I am working on a series called "The Loyalist Chronicles" taking place in the Land of Smoking Iron, a.k.a. Thesa. I will more than likely be posting the countries and hopefully world maps soon to show you the extent of the world I am working with. Though, I am willing to admit, due to my time of steam-search, I neglected to actually studying cartography. I hoped to join here with the small chance of assistance with this problem I have. As I said before, Hello all. I hope to have a great time here and hope you enjoy the Thesa and the world of Ethos.

-Dornier Spy
    "Alexander Dornier - Office of Amesyus Military Covenant"

Dornier, welcome to the Guild! I certainly look forward to reading of your land and its denizens, not to mention their environs. I have enjoyed steam since before there was punk :-).

The main location of the chronicles is the "Military State of Amesyus" a large, military-governed country. It's based mainly off England and Germany and some Russian. I hope to do that map first, but I may go with the much simplier designed "Meloiran Grandure" A country north of it, a flat plain country with many rivers.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Welcome Dornier, I've always liked the steampunk ambience and aesthetic so I hope to see some of your work soon. I already have some steampunk graphic works (made for a setting I wrote about a city) and I hope I'll get time to make a map of this city (or the country related)with it. So many projects....

Welcome to the Guild! I also look forward to seeing your stuff. Love the feel of steampunk stuff, though I don't know much about the genre myself. It's always nicely dystopian!
    M

I have done a map in the past, but they are due to a photoshop trial I had, but I never really finished it before the trial ended and now it just makes me sad to look at it. I might upload it on here just to see what others think of it.

Welcome to the Guild Dornier Spy! Definitely a fan of Steampunk. You may wish to have a browse around in the tutorials section, there's plenty of walk-throughs that can help you get started on the cartography side of things. Look forward to seeing your project develop.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh