Thread: Disappointment all around

Help Disappointment all around

Hello all, Dornier Spy here.

This is a map I made long ago using a photoshop trial I got from Adobe, as soon as it expired I planned to get the software until I realized how amazingly expensive it was. Disappointed, I kept this map in hopes of one day completing it but it never came. I now hope for someone to take up arms and save this work before it...well, I delete it. Please and thank you.

-Dornier Spy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greshmagal.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	53264

you looked into gimp? open source (and therefore free) program much like photoshop... due to it's open source roots, it's a bit more jagged on the edges, takes a little more doing for most things.. but in the end, the pricetag can't be beat... plenty of users here use it almost exclusively, and there are plenty of gimp-based tutorials.. i'm not sure if you can import ps documents, but i wouldn't be surprized.

take a look!

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool

Hmmm? GIMP, I still have that installed in my computer but it was slightly confusing for me when I made the switch over. Right now, I have much more going on and I really don't want this map to just be left undone. New series, new map ideas, etc. etc.

understandable. gimp != photoshop, so it WILL take some time to go from one to the other... but in the end, MOST of the general drawing options from photoshop are easily doable in GIMP.. it's work a look, even if it's not for this project.

another program worth mentioning is inkscape, which is basically the GIMP equivalent of Adobe Illustrator... I find it's a bit easier to switch to.. but it's vector based, not raster, so the texturing etc isn't so plausible.
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool

I'll try those two, but like I said. Newer projects, newer ideas. This is just something I made for fun, and now I see I won't be able to complete it. So anyone willing, take it and I hope to post my new ideas soon.