Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WIP Varisia (Pathfinder - Golarion)

Corrections on mountains, plateau, borders; added valleys, some places; corrected colors (though not very sure about them)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VarisiaEstiloMio2.jpg 
Views:	804 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	55060

Added a parchment texture I found

Name:	VarisiaEstiloMio2.jpg 
Views:	2117 
Size:	4.51 MB 
ID:	55100

Looking good angelroble, the colors are very nice. One suggestion would be to tone down the white stroke on your labels and icons since it seems to be a bit distracting. I would try adding a Gaussian Blur and then reducing the opacity somewhat. Otherwise nice job.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Wow, this is outstanding. Great work, Angelrobe. Very helpful to me - I'm starting a campaign in Varisia, and was really not happy with the current maps available. Until I found yours, that is!

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

This is a great map indeed!

One thing I noticed, though: The parchment texture you used seems to be smaller than the map, so you can actually see the edges on some parts (particularly in the top-left corner). Perhaps scaling it up a bit so that the edges match the borders of the image would fix it.

Guild Apprentice

I really like you mountains. How did you go about making them? They're really sharp at the peaks which is something I struggle with.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus van der Kroft View Post
    This is a great map indeed!

One thing I noticed, though: The parchment texture you used seems to be smaller than the map, so you can actually see the edges on some parts (particularly in the top-left corner). Perhaps scaling it up a bit so that the edges match the borders of the image would fix it.
    Right. This is a work in progress, so you'll find errors or things incomplete. I plan on drawing a map border (you can see some of it in the upper portion of the map), when I have time to complete the map... it's been a long time since I started it!

Edit: actually, what you see at the left side of the map is the border
    Last edited by angelroble; 07-20-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thepinksalmon View Post
    I really like you mountains. How did you go about making them? They're really sharp at the peaks which is something I struggle with.
    I use two layers for mountains, both with bevel/emboss (great deepness) and shadows. Just played with those options, brushes and brush opacity.

Name:	Sin título-2.jpg 
Views:	678 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	56260 Sorry, in Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by OverdrivePrime View Post
    Wow, this is outstanding. Great work, Angelrobe. Very helpful to me - I'm starting a campaign in Varisia, and was really not happy with the current maps available. Until I found yours, that is!
    I hope I finish it before you are done woth your campaign

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

You know than you can edit your post to avoid double/triple posts right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast