Thread: Glad someone's done it at last.

Post Glad someone's done it at last.

One of my hopes for the Cartographers' Guild was that we would start making maps for fantasy and SF books which didn't have them.

I found this site tonight: http://fantasymaps.wordpress.com/

Where someone is doing just that - and we're on the blogroll!

and another interesting link to us: http://www.mortality.net/print.php?sid=4402

Praise

Great Rav

Another of your great web findings!

They even have a map of mine listed.
    //Anna

Glad to have been of service.

Hopefully it will last, since I'm starting to get some pressure from a couple of publishers to take stuff down.

On the plus side, I've gotten emails from a couple of authors that think it will do nothing but boost sales, especially in older published novels.

Let me know what I can do to improve the place. Also, any pointers toward maps I don't have would be appreciated. I've just about run dry on what I can find on the internet, and I've resorted to scanning slowly out of my personal collection.

Anna, I'm glad you're appreciate. I will definitely take a look at your further maps when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Glad to have you here ebolag!
    Ditto! Your blog is on my bookmarks
    In fact finding the Chronicles of Majipoor maps on the front was a veritable blast from the past: I read the book(s) some 8 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I wonder what the copyright position is if we make our own maps of existing novels?
    I'd say it's fan art just to be on the safe side. So no selling prints of them without the author/publisher's accord
    "Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities, truth isn't."
    -- Samuel Langhorne Clemens a.k.a. Mark Twain. (1897) Following the Equator.