Thread: New guy, saying hi.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map New guy, saying hi.

Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself.

Scruffy is just my online handle, my real name is Tom and I'm in my mid 30's, married with a couple of little 'uns running around. I'm a long time fan of imaginary worlds, AD&D 2nd Edition was where I got myself truly hooked and spent endless hours playing and drawing maps of castles, dungeons and kingdoms. I'm a fan of fantasy video games but more recently I find I mostly enjoy them as inspiration for my real world imaginary world designs.

I found CG over on G+ where via some RPG communities I saw some professional maps and people talking about how they make them. And I thought, "I'll have a go at that!" And attached is my first effort, and as an absolute Photoshop beginner I'm very happy with my 6 hours work (what a great tutorial). I learned a lot and I'm excited to get to work on the next one!

My current RPG work in progress is a medieval fantasy (mythology really) with a focus on, kingdoms, dungeons, heraldry, knights, archers, falconry, mythological creature, politics... When I'm ready and my skills are there I'll be creating a world map, but for now - one step at a time.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saderantutorial.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	53291