Thread: Map for Board Game

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Map Map for Board Game

Hi guys! I would like to hire someone from this community, paid, to create a map for a board game of mine. The layout of the map is already completed from a gameplay standpoint, i.e. the number of spaces, where the seaports are, etc. You would be handling the art side of things to make it beautiful and look neat.

The game is based in a fictional 19th century world. Imagine a large European-style landmass in a faux-Napoleonic style age. I'll have infantry and cavalry with big epaulettes on the cards -- it'll be a little silly. I'd love someone from this community to design the map that looks equally beautiful.

You would be creating two boards -- one for the 2 and 4 player layout, and one for the 3 player layout. Depending on your price, we can make them different landmasses (i.e. one is more mountainous, one is plains and forests) or keep them simple and make them largely the same. I'd like to give you the freedom to do that and make it fun.

Here is a picture of the 2/4 player board on my prototype. It's literally black lines on white paper -- purely functional. But this gives you an idea of what the game will look like in play and the rough layout of the board. http://hyperbolegames.com/files/2012/04/photo2.jpg

To be clear, you'd only be responsible for the map. Not the UI elements.

If you are interested in this, please post in the thread. Ideally if you could link to some of your work I could get a feel for your style. From there, we can take it to email and deal with payment, deadlines, things like that.

And if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask!

-Grant

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Sounds interesting.
    Examples of my work are in my signature.

Some great stuff here! I love your map of contrapondia. I also like the style of your fantasy regional map with "Groff Island' at the center. I also like the Isle of Eyes. I cannot send Private messages yet as I just joined the community. If you want, you can email me at grant@hyperbolegames.com to discuss further?

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Has this been taken?
    Yes, that's taken.

Yes, it has been taken. Sorry for not updating.