Thread: March-April Lite Challenge Druid's Grove

Map March-April Lite Challenge Druid's Grove

The theme is organic. What could be more organic than a Druid's Grove in the middle of the forest?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Druids Grove_bg.jpg 
Views:	1200 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	53325

Looks great - the detail is amazing.

But...I think the trees could use some more shadows to convey differing heights. The fallen tree in the bottom left and rocks in the top left look to be at an even elevation with the trees around them.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Good catch, will have to fix those. I was half asleep last night finishing the map.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Not sure if it's really "organic" but looks nice, expecially those big trees.

Fixed some of the shadow and height issues, added some more details and a border. I removed the well, it looked nice, but I didn't see the point in having a well 20 feet from a crystal clear pond.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Druids Grove2_bg.jpg 
Views:	2755 
Size:	3.22 MB 
ID:	53396
    Last edited by Bogie; 04-12-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Beautiful map Bogie! I love the Druid Stones and the pond, but it's also great how there's other interesting nooks and crannies to explore as well. Nicely done!

Thanks Neyjour, glad you like it.

Playing with the map today and came up with a night-time version as it would look under a Full Moon.
    Primary changes are the campfire lighting and the reflection of the Full Moon in the pond.

Let me know which version you like better.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Druids Grove-FullMoon_bg.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	53615

An enthusiastic yes on the night time version for me - I really like the campfire lighting on the tent and the moon's reflection. And overall - I think the night version has a better feel to it. By comparison, the original looks a little flat now.

Also - might just be me - but there just something odd about the placement of the druid stones. They seem a little big to me, but I suppose they should be by comparison to the size of the tent and other features in the map. Maybe its the close placement near the pond. Maybe pushing it NE a bit so its more centered in that little hill you have there.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.