Thread: My map of Europe

Default My map of Europe

This is a map I made while testing textures. It's for a steampunk game, so I needed a custom map because I could not find a map good enough that the borders matches those of Europe in the mid 1800.

I will add flags and important cities of the era and maybe some landscape elements too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	europe sans drapeaux2.png 
Views:	384 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	56353

I did the political frontier from 1848 as well as modifying the ocean a little. There are a couple of mistakes on the map. I think I know most of them but can you find them all ? (just for fun)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	europe avecdrapeau copie2.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	56366

I was thinking about submiting the map to the present litemap challenge: steampunk but I am not sure it will contain a lot of steampunk elements
    I would also like to include flags. Would it be against the contect rule if I take the flags on Wikipedia?

I'm not sure about the rules about taking flags from wikipedia mysel. The only mistake I can think of is that seem to be missing lake Peipus at the border of what is now Estonia and Russia and a lake east of there. Other than that I wouldn't be able to say even after looking at the maps as I have :p It looks nice though the colours could probably be less saturated.

Well apparently, flags are from public domain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain so the copyright does not apply. I might use them but not dirrectly on the map. We will see.

and thanks for the advice.