Thread: Introduction

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Khamero's Avatar

Default Introduction

Hello! I thought IŽd introduce myself, I am a 26 year old swedish man, lured in by a post on the bay12games newspage of a mapmaking challenge where you are to use a Dwarf Fortress ascii map and make a map out of it. Since I have been hooked in that game for a long time, as well as making a few maps now and then for my roleplaying group and simply for fun, I thought IŽd give it a shot, and here I am!

I mostly draw fantasy maps by hand, using pencils, watercolors and ink. I like to draw in a graphical style with cities and town represented with little cities and towns, and any other intresting landmark standing out clearly from the background. I dont really mind if it looks a bit childish or cartoony.
    I am heavily inspired of maps of old, with lots of little illustrations to show the mapreader what to expect of the lands pictured there.

I hope to learn alot from here, I have already seen the work of some really talented people here and I hope to see lots more.

Welcome to the Guild Khamero! I think you are the second person now that I've heard say were pulled in by this month's contest. Well welcome and best wishes on your challenge entry. Also, don't often see work done in traditional mediums here, most of the stuff displayed here was created digitally. However it is always a treat when we do get to see this work. I look forward to seeing yours.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh