Thread: Time to get started

Post Time to get started

Hi everyone!

I have been drawing ugly maps for too long and as an aspiring game designer it is time to learn this part of the trade. I love both pen and paper rpgs as computer based and I aim to use my future skills in both (as I have been doing but not as successful). Less play and more create is my new motto

My background is in web development/programming/project managment (for the last 10 years) and I am seriously trying too steer myself over to the game creation business. As the business is hard and harsh I have to get my toolkit in shape, so here I am

And. I love maps. In a obsessive and passionate way.

Welcome to the Guild wildcode! Well you have come to the right place to develop your toolkit. Spend some time getting to know the tutorials section well, it is your friend. Also, when you start working on a map, post up a WIP, even if you are shy about showing off your work. This will encourage others to give you C&C and offer tips to help you along. Welcome to the more creative side of game design!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you Arsheesh! I will surely do that; it is easier to fix the problems in the beginning.