Thread: Map request - Arkham Investigator

Help Map request - Arkham Investigator

Taken thanks for your interest

Project Scope:
    Hi my name is Hal and I'm working on a little project called Arkham Investigator over on Boardgamegeek: Arkham Investigator: Core set

The game has been released as a playtest version and will be released soon (hopefully in the next couple of weeks) as a free to download print and play game. I hope to build some interest in the game and look to release as an actual kickstarter boxed boardgame around Christmas 2013. Initially I cannot pay for a map (three kids to feed, you know the drill) but when I launch the kickstarter I hope to be able to pay my artists / map makers from the proceeds. Realistically there is a chance the actual boxed game never gets made so obviously the payment will be negotiable and dependant on that - its primarily a not for profit fan-project initially.

Setting:
    Fictional H.P. Lovecraft's Arkham, Mass. in the USA of the 1930s.

Design Concept:
    Standard street maps of the city with building with their reference number on them. I have tried to do the map but it is quite amateurish: My weak effort in powerpoint.

I would like it to look a little more professional like the one that comes with Sherlock Holmes consulting detective: SHCD example map - or better If possible can I have a look at previous work?

Number of maps:
    One initially - if the Kickstarter is successful I hope to offer additional maps as stretch goals (Innsmouth, Kingsport, etc...)

Technical:
    300 dpi minimum. Jpg, tiff, or png files
    Full color

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    Publisher retains right to reproduce the map/s online for free download with the game and for promotional materials. Publisher will negotiate the right for physical copies of the map in a boxed boardgame if/when the situation arises.

Deadline:
    I would like to have it done in the next couple of weeks (I would like to release version 2, on the 15th April but realise that is short notice).

Payment:
    Initially nothing I'm afraid, but negotiable when the kickstarter begins.

Contact
    Hal Eccles
    haleccles(at)yahoo(dot)com
    Please use subject line Arkham Investigator Map
    Last edited by AirborneXO; 04-08-2013 at 04:41 PM.

This has been taken now, thanks for your interest.

Cheers, Hal