Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: June Entry: Darkovia

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I love the tree background. It gives a great impression of a small castle stuck out in the middle of a forbidding forest - very Czech or Eastern European. I love the style. Good map.

Wip Final Version!

Final version of the map - no changes, just some cleanup. That bit of fog on the right side crossing into the border, some white was peeking where color regions did not line up perfectly, especially around the river. Removed an element from the castle mount drawing that didn't line with the walls of the town below. All better now.

Someone mentioned on another site that the river looks kinda weird. Note its reflecting the sky.

At the start of the month, I didn't think I'd have time to participate. In the last week or so, I found some time and knocked this map out in about 10 hours or so. My Lair of Lhessadrak map was a better map, but I spent a good 30+ hours creating it, it got more face time and it shows.

Still Darkovia map is satisfactory for me, despite this lesser effort involved!

And as far as timing goes, my private mapping project client just got back from his business trip this morning, so I'm back on the clock - we'll see how much time I have available for next month's challenge. Maybe I can squeeze in a few more hours worth of effort.

GP

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darkovia-final.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	4627  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    At the start of the month, I didn't think I'd have time to participate.
    And we are so glad you did!

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234