Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March/April Lite Challenge - Red Rock Bay

Thanks Foremost, but the scattered look is really the whole idea. Basically, as new people come to the town, they individually find a plot of land and build a house however they like it. Sometimes two people end up with different ideas about how things should develop, and you end up with fences going up dividing claims and the like. Having the growth happen in an orderly fashion takes the 'organic' out of it.

And an update for today! Things are really starting to come together, and I'm very happy with the results, but when I think about everything else I'd LIKE to add, I worry that I'll not have time to finish. I mean, I'll have a complete map, but not to the degree that I originally planned. Still though, can't complain about extra creativity!

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AprilChallenge.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	53571

Roads! Bridges! Barns! Sheeps! All that and more (of the same houses and fences!) makes Red Rock a fairly active little town now. The bridges are those big stone arch bridges they've been building since ancient times (you can't tell the difference from above, so I thought I'd make that clear). There are some larger buildings for administration, as well as a building that I'm calling a blacksmith for some industry. I haven't quite gotten to the market yet, but hopefully that will come tomorrow. Same with the keep. I also plan to do a border and a nice legend pointing out the more important buildings and such, but... time will tell.

Again, I'm very happy with the whole thing, but I did want feedback on the sheep. I think they probably work alright, but I'm not totally sure. Anyone have a suggestion on a nicer looking way to represent them?

Last update, barring a late running challenge. Got the market in, got the castle in, got a border and legend in. Overall, not too shabby. It's starting to look like I actually know what I'm doing!

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AprilChallenge.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	53587

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Are the sheep the puffy things on Kell's farm? If so, they are rather... large. Maybe reduce their size a tad? Other than that, I really like this piece. I like the simple elevation representations, colors, and general layout.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

i really like this style. I also like the way the town is developing. My one sticking point with it is the two big stone bridges so close together and going to the same place. I would think that one bridge that big would be sufficifiant
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12