Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Region 1][Map 14][Location 01] Mennin's Hallow

An update with some of the suggested changes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menninshallow021.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	4495  
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Map

Added some labels to the overview map. I'll add a wiki entry tonight, probably.

edit: I am unable to provide a Creative Commons license for this map at this time, and it is therefore withdrawn from inclusion in the CWBP.

Special permission is granted to Robbie Powell ("Arcana") to use this image for the promotion of The Cartographers' Guild, even where such use might be construed as commercial activity.

Name:	menninshallow023.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	4565  
    Last edited by Midgardsormr; 07-01-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Added licensing information

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks great. My only comment is that I'd like to know where the trail goes to that goes SW and also the trail going E. And what do you mean by Industry to the west - is that a place or just that all of the town's industry is off to the west?

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Looks great. My only comment is that I'd like to know where the trail goes to that goes SW and also the trail going E. And what do you mean by Industry to the west - is that a place or just that all of the town's industry is off to the west?

No silly. Industry is a great kingdom ruled by bureaucratic merchants. I thought everyone knew that....

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Industry is a tin mine in the south of the Groam Uplands.

You're right, I should label the Spring Trail south of the Hallow as well. As for Suri's Trail... well, I don't know where it goes. Heck, I'm not entirely sure who Suri is, either. A peddler, maybe, who is trusted to bring materials into Mennin's Hallow that cannot be produced locally.

Here's the Tawaren Basin map for reference:

Name:	m14-021-post.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	4615  

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Right, that makes more sense. Sorry, don't generally go through the CWBP maps as I don't really have time to contribute properly. That puts it in context though.

I would say that path to the East also runs to Sellou and is used by people without boats, or for freight in the spring when the flood water makes the river un-navigable - that's a huge mountain to the SW which I'm guessing would dump a lot of water into the river come spring melt.

Due to an incompatibility between the CGTextures.com license and the Creative Commons under which the CWBP is licensed, this map is ineligible for inclusion in the CWBP and its previous CC license is unenforceable. This map is now all rights reserved until such time as it is redrafted or the CGTextures elements are relicensed.

The special permission previously given to Arcana for promotional purposes remains in effect.

CGTextures.com is now Textures.com, and their new licensing language makes no mention of the Creative Commons. Mennin's Hallow is now officially part of the CWBP once again. Not that anyone's probably paid any attention to Ansium in quite some time…

Blog Entries

See:

5.3 You are not permitted to:
    (h) release the Content or derivative products with Content under Open Source Licences;

Its still there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12