Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cartographersguild.com sister sites?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Default cartographersguild.com sister sites?

I'm into worldbuilding as much as i am into cartography (though the latter seems to be winning out for my attention lately).

the cartographers guild is such a relaxed friendly forum that i was wondering if any users can recommend any worldbuilding forums that have a similar atmosphere to here, as i've always been put off by the worldbuilding sites ive encountered as they seem to be a lot more hardcore than this place. I'm preferably loojking for somewhere that's not game-related - ie: worldbuilding for the sake for worldbuilding, the type that writers or obsessive types might hand around in. so no d20 tables if it can be avoided

thanks in advance

That's a good question. I just did a quick search for 'world building forum for writers' and the top result looks interesting. Have you checked out mythicscribes.com?
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Then you have to head over to the CBG, vorropohaiah.
    Here's the link The Campaign Builders' Guild
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Uhh, how about this? Free forum : The World Builders Guild
    I've never used it or anything, but it's a guild, and is of world building.
    On a side note, we can also help with world building.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: cartographersguild.com sister sites?

We can always help here. Lol... There's also the www.reddit.com/r/worldbuilding.

Posted from my Android Cyanogenmod Phone with Tapatalk 2.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

thanks for the links i'll check them out

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    We can always help here. Lol... There's also the taking escapism to the next level?.
    that reddit is as much cartography as it is worldbuilding, if not more-so (such a shame as the dedicated cartography reddits get a lot less replies to new map posts than the worldbuilding reddit - i know as ive posted on both of them)

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    thanks for the links i'll check them out

that reddit is as much cartography as it is worldbuilding, if not more-so (such a shame as the dedicated cartography reddits get a lot less replies to new map posts than the worldbuilding reddit - i know as ive posted on both of them)
    Hey vorropohaiah, i think you really should give the CBG a try. If i remember correctly, they really are kind of a sister site and we had some forum-crossover work in the past. At least it is a forum where the world building is very much in the foreground. Mapping is a subject discussed now and then but very much in the background.

Btw, is it possible that the reddit cartography is a private thing? I can't seem to find it as a r/cartography directlink.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

here is the proper cartography subreddit: Discussion about creating, analyzing, and loving maps.

in fact the norfolk map i posted there a month ago is still pretty high up, indicating that there havent been many posts in the intervening time

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Hey vorropohaiah, i think you really should give the CBG a try. If i remember correctly, they really are kind of a sister site and we had some forum-crossover work in the past.
    Apparently I'm already registered there... time to have a look-around

thecbg.org (campaign builder's guild) used to be a linked sister site to the CG, but since the first site upgrade, the link disappeared. I've talked to Arcana about getting it reinstated, and he's OK with it, but none of the CLs have activated it yet. Many members of the CBG are members here as well - it should be reinstated.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast