I've been working on a language for my world for a few months now. I created an alphabet and a system to use it. I'm starting to work on the words and how they should be put together. I don't have the vocabulary in English to describe how to put a sentence together in a different langauge, so I'm just going to describe how to pronounce the letters of the alphabet and provide a dictionary of words and let the user decide how to construct sentences with it. I have no traning in Linguistics, so this might not make any sense at all. I find this a very time consuming project to have going during my mapping phase of my Shikodu/Zigoto map. The map is coming along fine and is filling out. I'm also planning to create a alphabet wheel which will give each word an elemental magical properties as well for ritual use.

The back story and at least 11 working religions have been created using this information. I have to translate the material into this language if I can get enough words and work out how to describe further details. Things are a little out of order right now, but I plan to put some of this into an image file that I will have in my albums. This is months away still.

Here's the alphabet and the stuff I have on this language I plan to use for my maps labeling when I get to that point.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rokat Alphabet.JPG 
Views:	1197 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	53678

To read this magical language is simple and easy. You read each word three letters at a time. Some words end at four or five letters; read the last parts as they would sound anyway. Most words are three Rokat characters long for this purpose. To read words that are two Rokat characters long, read the first three English characters and add the sound of the remaining fourth or fifth.
Sounds like CH, SH and TH are counted as one English character in reading Rokat. All Rokat words have an alternating pattern of consonant and vowel sounds. All words and names start with a consonant sound, except for the letter A. When it comes to Inugan names and titles, they usually start in a vowel, but not always. Examples of Rokat are:
Shakina
Jubali
Panato
Siga
Pina
Vahu
Lawaro
Thimat
Timat
Konashif
Now that we have some Rokat words, it is time to read them. The first word is Shakina. To read it properly, do so like this, “shak-ina”. The last vowel in Rokat makes the sound of the vowel instead of its name or another “ah” in this case. For the “I” the sound of the letter, not the name or “ee” sound. If the letter “H” is the third letter you move its sound to the second verse of the word. In vahu you read it as such, “va-hu”. In the case of a longer word like this, “vahuna” or “lawaro”, you read it like this, “va-hun-a”, “la-war-o” even though the word it six letters long.

Writing Rokat
The Rokat alphabet is a very simple system of combining letters to shorten the written word. In this diagram, I have provided the Rokat alphabet in Rokat order and English order. They have no question mark. I’m still not sure how to do (brackets). The act of questioning, in Rokat Literature is hard to define, since the sign itself is absent. It’s guesswork if the person speaking is not asking a question.
To use this alphabet, write from top left to bottom right in vertical lines. This alphabet can not properly be used to write in English. To write with this alphabet, write the vertical consonant sound first then add the vowel sound over the consonant marks. Each letter is a combination of Consonant and vowel. For words that end in a consonant, make the consonant by itself. Place a space sign between words. Language rules are similar to English and word usage is very similar.

This is the English spelling for “In the Names.” is “Be ke Kopot.” and the Rokat spelling is this.

Now you can compare the usage of the Rokat characters with those of English.
Prefixes and Suffixes of Rokat
These are all the prefixes and suffixes used in Rokat. The English Language uses far more than is seen in Rokat. They have far more root words than we do. The dictionary will show the complexity of Rokat root words. All of the root words seen in the Prophecy will be presented in the below dictionary.
These are the prefixes for the Rokat Language. For the most part have similarities to the English usage. If a Rokat word begins in a vowel, it has a prefix attached to it. This would represent a vowel line in front of the word. Here are the prefixes in Rokat.
“e” Against “anti”.
“a” Not too “non, un”.
“i” Back again “re”
“o” Before “pre”
“u” “en,em”
Let us move onto the “ion”, “s” and “ed” or suffixes of words. This part will be similar to English in many ways. When a Rokat words ends in a consonant, it means it has a suffix applied to it. Some words in English appear to have a suffix by the nature of their spelling, but in Rokat, may not have a suffix applied.
“l ” Action, “er ”.
“k” Past tense “ed”.
“g” superlative, “est”.
“t” More than one “s, ies”
“j” Without or missing, “less”
“d” Worth, ability, “able, ible”.
“f” In the manner of “ly, wise”
“n” Having the quality of, “ed”.
“b” Activity, or result of activity, “ing”.
“s” Having, or getting marked by, “ful”.
“sh” State or quality “acy, ance, cy, ity, ty”.
“p” Condition or action, “ion, ive, ment, ness, or”.
“z” Related to, one that is, or having the character of “an, ist, ian, ism, ish ‘s”.
English to Rokat dictionary will be provided to show the English words and its Rokat counterpart at the end of this book. If a definition is provided, it means the Rokat word differs somewhat from the English word. Some Rokat words don’t exist in our language so the closest words are used instead.