Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sedivore: WIP

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    I don't think I can help much at this point as your stuff seems still very vague, but here's what I think is the most powerful advice:

- don't get confounded with map making and world making - it's two separate things.

A map is THE tool for world making, but it needs to be practical more than beautiful, and world making is not about making that particular map look cool. In fact, if you manage to world-make properly, then you can map-make for ages from a single world...
    Thanks, I have most of the world made but its all trapped in my head. I'm focusing on the map so i can visualize better where the cities/towns and Kingdoms are laid out. I'm doing it this way so when I begin writing again, I know more realistically (ish) how long it would take to get from one place to another.

I definitely agree with Piratical before be Beautiful; however, I'm planning to put the map(s) in the books i write, so I do want some bit of aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    If you keep the last version as new basis for your WIP, I suggest to make the oceans a lighter blue to make the lands pop more. The whole thing seems a bit dark right now (although I prefer it compared to the bright colors of the first version).
    Great, i wasn't too sure if a lighter blue would contrast it too much, but I'll give it a try.

A few updates.

With Color

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Of Sedivore v4-05 [color].JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	75394

The following maps have a scale marker attached to them. Each of the small green blips = 200 Miles. the whole bar = 2400 Miles

With Color and basic Terrain

Name:	Map Of Sedivore v4-03 [color, terrain].JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	75395

Rough Borders added.

Name:	Map Of Sedivore v4-01 [color, terrain, borders].JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	75396

No Color or details, just land and water

Name:	Map Of Sedivore v4-00.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	75398

Name:	The Globe of Sedivore.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	75858

Name:	Sedivore v4-06 [WIP All graphics 1459x730].jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	626.8 KB 
ID:	75860

Name:	Kaldria CityState 2-3 [WIP 1024x818].jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	992.4 KB 
ID:	75859

If anyone would like to throw some feedback on either the Map, the world, or the story that takes place in the world, you can Like my Facebook page at:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1607...178149/photos/

I'd like to have constructive discussions, I don't mind hearing about how much my maps suck, as long as I know what sucks about it and how to fix it. There will be some things i just won't change, mainly because I'm working more on the story and the maps are used for reference, but if it is something major or that just doesn't make sense or anything inconsistent, I'd like to hear about it.

Questions are welcome because they focus my attention on specific aspects of my world and my ability to build my world.

Concerning the city map, I think it's lacking of an urban planning. We can't see the main streets and how the city is "working". And, is the river going under the city? That would be very uncommon (but quite interesting though).

Yeah, sorry. I'll post what I have on the Facebook page here when I get home, those questions are answered.

The River does flow under the city.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123