Thread: Telperion & Taramir - First Attempt w/GIMP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Post Telperion & Taramir - First Attempt w/GIMP

Hi all, this is my first completed map made with The GIMP (using RobA's fantastic tutorial ). While I didn't follow every single step in the tutorial I used the majority of it, and am quite pleased by the outcome.

Telperion and Taramir are the homeland of the Taydarin (Sea) Elves in my Campaign World.

There are a couple of things I'm not 100% happy with, and may go back and try to fix. The lake and rivers could be done better. I ended up having to add them after I had finished everything else. Also, the texture of the forest isn't quite as good as what was in the tutorial. Third, I think the color of the grass layer needs to be a little deeper green.

I was looking around the forums for a way to do swamps and couldn't find anything. So I ended up using the Small Galaxy brush, I think it worked OK.

Anyway, take a look, let me know what you like don't like. Leave suggestions, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Telperion-Taramir.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	591.7 KB 
ID:	4488  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.