Thread: Voseria

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Default Voseria

Hello there.

So I have been lurking on the forum for quite a while now, but this post right here is my first one. I have decided that it is about time to post something and I am quite satisfied with my latest creation (although still pretty anxious and self-conscious; not to mention far more better maps already posted here).

The map shows the continent of Voseria, as it is known to its inhabitants. At the bottom we can also see a little bit of the southern part of landmass, which is simply known as the South and the three cities on its northern edge (Blac'el'lat, Rozzhkar and Iszkelet) are known collectively as the Free Cities of the South. Main players in Voserian politics are Azavert and Ellyria, but I think you can figure it out by just glancing at the map.

Voseria is part of a conworld I have created as a setting for my stories and if I had to put a label on it, I would say it's dark high fantasy. For those of you who have read "The Witcher Saga" or have played the games - you'd feel right at home.

Map itself was created using overlordchuck's tutorial (really great work, mate) and Schwarzkreuz's brush set (also great work). Cartouche (if you can call it that) in the upper left-hand corner was driving me crazy and I sort of gave up and settled for this ugly thing.

And a little explanation of symbols used. Star is a capital, circle is a big/important city, square is a fortress, diamond is an important place (neither a city nor a castle).

All critique is welcome, especially the constructive one. Also, as a guy with English as second language, it is customary that I apologise for my usage of it. So yeah, sorry for my English.

Cheers.

overlordchuck's tutorial: http://www.cartographersguild.com/tu...ing-chuck.html
    Schwarzkreuz's brush set: http://www.cartographersguild.com/ma...-no-1-3-a.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	voseriahandmade1polcountriescities.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	53708
    Last edited by arois; 05-14-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Adding missing link.

A nice map indeed. The font for the region names is a little hard to read but otherwise very nice.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Agree with Allerion, the big labels are hard to read and ihmo doesnt fit with the town names. I liked your political borders, but it looks a bit shine/ strong dunno how to tell right, it it a bit smooth i guess it will be better.

A dont know right about your rivers collors, all the time that i zoomed it i saw roads >.< maybe coz the color, no named rivers and you not using roads in you map.
    Nice choice in the brushes and your coasts shape is really amazing! And nice work with your islands... i always have problens with it